Looking, smelling and feeling good on your big day is very important so take a look at what essentials you need in your emergency wedding day box.
In the beautiful hot summer of 2017, I was a bridesmaid for a wonderful friend that I consider a sister. To ensure she, and all of the wedding party, were sorted, I put together a wedding day emergency box that anyone could use to spruce up before we went into the day.
These items were all sourced from Savers, Superdrug & Poundland (or were items I already owned and had never opened) so this project cost me approximately £15 to put together – not a big cost to ensure everyone was sorted on the big day. There are official companies who do these kind of boxes (which is where I had the idea from) but who wants to pay someone else to do what you can put together yourself for a lot less!
So what actually was in the box and what should you put in yours?
The Contents of My Box
- Plasters – For heel paid and general basic first aid
- Ibruprofen – For headaches and morning after hangovers
- Paracetamol – Some people prefer paracetamol!
- Lip gloss – For the Bride
- Mouthwash – For the Bride before she walks down the alter
- Deodorant – For any last minute sweating (spray on only!)
- Dry shampoo – For everyone to have a spruce before the ceremony
- Body spray – For spraying around once dressed
- Perfume – For the final touch of scent
- Hairspray – For men and women in the wedding ceremony
- Disposable razors – For any last minute under arm / leg hairs you didn’t realise were there.
- Moist wipes – For morning after refreshing or redoing make up
- Mints – again for the Bride and Grooms first kiss
- New hairbrush – I had my own but this was for other bridesmaids incase anyone forgot theirs.
5 Other Ideas
- Backcomb powder – to give everyone that extra oomph to their hair.
- Protien bars – for the Bride as it’s a common thing you forget to eat.
- Spare tights – for everyone including the Bride.
- Hair grips – in the colours of everyones hair,
- An extension cord – all those straighteners and curlers need to be plugged in somewhere.
To summarise, if you’re a Groom, Best Man, Bride, Bridesmaid or anyone else involved in the day then consider putting together one of these boxes. Mine was used much more than I thought it would do and everyone was grateful.
Let me know via a comment if you’ve done one of these boxes!