I am chosing to get married in the summer as I’m a very cold person and as beautiful as I find winter weddings, I chose lovely heat. However snowy, furry wintery weddings can be stunning so here are 10 winter wedding ideas you must not miss out on!
- Bridal Fur Cape – You can either wear it beforehand for a big reveal or don it afterwards when you’re cold. You can pick up some cheap capes from the high street shops.
- Candle-Lit Venue – What you save on the electricity bill, you’ll pay in candles!! But imagine your perfect wedding venue lit with a hundred candles – stunning and wintery.
- Guest Blankets – Either draped on the backs of chairs, hanging on a wall or rolled up in a hamper – blankets, furs and throws for guests will make everyone look uniformed and keep them warm. Much better than your freezing guests grabbing their coats.
- Roaring Fires – Providing your venue allows, ask a few trusted guests to bring their portable fire pits in lieu of a present and make some snacks for everyone to enjoy around the fire such as s’more cones.
- Bridesmaids Furry Muffs – Not the title of a porn film I promise. Get your bridesmaids some warm muffs, long gloves or capes to wear so they aren’t forced to grab their coats.
- Ice Queen Jewellery – Jewellery can really be tailored to fit the theme of your wedding. For a winter wedding, go with snowflake petite earrings or thick metallic wrist cuffs.
- Wild Flowers – Blustery, winter flowers are perfect for a winter wedding. Find a florist to give you advice then locate them cheaper nearer the time. Or better yet, grow your own bouquet!
- Photographs in the Snow – Don’t forget to take off all coats, gloves and capes, stand in the snow and look like Elsa with some stunning winter photographs.
- Log Cabin Reception – Once everyone is cold enough, retire to a warm log cabin for the reception. It doesn’t need to normally host for weddings, just ask for prices and see what they say!
- Warm Hearty Food – From hot mulled wine to roast dinners, make sure your guests are well fed and warm on a winters night.
Have a missed any ideas? Leave a comment below.